- Chancellor's Message >>
- Pre-health living-learning community >>
- School of Education grants >>
- Student achievement >>
- Joint School of Nanoscience and Nanoengineering >>
- Bryan School MBA >>
- Graduate research discovery >>
- GIS Mapping >>
- PhD in Nursing >>
- Staff excellence >>
- Pregnancy Prevention
- Spartan Athletics >>
- Weatherspoon Art Museum >>
- International Relations >>
- Middle College >>
Baseball coach Mike Gaski (2nd from left) recently achieved an outstanding accomplishment, 600 career wins. He was also named SoCon Coach of the Year.
Student-athletes, coaches and the community win big
Spartan Athletics had a number of accomplishments for 2010-11, not only in competition, but in the classroom and in service to the local community. Take a look at some of the highlights from the past year.
- Women's basketball coach Lynne Agee and baseball coach Mike Gaski (pictured above) celebrated major milestones, reaching 600 career wins each for their respective sports.
- Both the men's and women's soccer teams were Southern Conference Champions.
- A total of 26 student-athletes were named to the Fall Academic All-SoCon Team.
- During the Blue and Gold Challenge, UNCG student-athletes collaborated with North Carolina A&T student-athletes to collect more than 1,600 cans of food.
- Long distance runner Ashley Schnell won the Women's SoCon Cross Country Title and was named SoCon Women's Runner of the Year. She also won the 3,000 meter indoor SoCon Championship and became UNCG's first-ever All-Region selection in cross country.
- UNCG set new single game attendance records at men's basketball, women's basketball and volleyball. In addition, the UNCG versus Wake Forest men's soccer match brought the largest crowd to the soccer stadium since 1991.
- The university completed a new baseball facility, which includes locker rooms, showers, restrooms, a team conference room, an indoor hitting facility and a training room.