- Even as we shift the majority of classes to online environments, the University remains open. Residence halls and other facilities are functioning as previously communicated. We strongly encourage students who can to move out of residence halls and continue their studies remotely. This is the preferred option, but we know this is not an option for everyone. As we have stated before, no student will be left without a viable living option.
- Based on the Governor’s statements in recent days and the latest CDC guidance, UNCG will now move to cancel or postpone any event or gathering that will assemble 50 or more people in a single space. There will be no exceptions to this policy. Campus buildings, residence halls, and dining facilities will continue to operate.
- We know that commencement celebrations are much on the mind of our seniors and others who are completing programs. We are working with the UNC System to determine the best course of action, and will update you as soon as we can.
- As part of our effort to help reduce COVID-19 transmission, and at the direction of the UNC System, we have made the difficult decision to suspend all study abroad programs that have not yet commenced, cancel Summer 2020 study abroad programs, and where possible and reasonable, endeavor to bring students currently studying abroad home. It is critical we all do our part to slow the transmission of the virus, and limiting new travel is one way the University is actively trying to support this effort.
- Whether your student is on campus or off, please continue to encourage them to practice good hygiene and social distancing practices. This truly is a situation where just one person can make a difference.
An Update for our UNCG Parents
Posted on March 16, 2020