UNC Greensboro is entering a new era of innovation, growth and engagement under the leadership of Chancellor Franklin D. Gilliam, Jr. Chancellor Gilliam was elected as the 11th Chancellor of UNCG on September 8, 2015. Since then, he has been leading UNCG forward as we take what Chancellor Gilliam calls “Giant Steps” into the future as a University with a unique place in our community, our state and our region.
We are at the beginning of something big at UNCG. Please explore this site for more about Chancellor Gilliam and his vision for the future.
Send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (336) 334-5266.
Chancellor Gilliam In the Media
- Chancellor Gilliam speaks with SoCon Commissioner Jim Schaus Watch the video as the two talk about athletics, UNCG, and the challenges of the COVID pandemic.
- UNCG has Nearly Doubled Its Black Faculty Since 2015 WUNC North Carolina Public Radio discusses this trend with Chancellor Gilliam
- Inclusive Excellence: Franklin Gilliam The Future Hindsight podcast speaks with Chancellor Gilliam about discrimination, higher ed inclusion, and benefits of social mobility.
- Triad universities looking at big renovation projects Fox 8 looks at requests from Triad universities for facility renovations and improvements.
- Race on Campus: Increasing the number of Black faculty The Chronicle of Higher Education speaks with Chancellor Gilliam for their weekly newsletter.