UNC Greensboro is entering a new era of innovation, growth and engagement under the leadership of Chancellor Franklin D. Gilliam, Jr. Chancellor Gilliam was elected as the 11th Chancellor of UNCG on September 8, 2015. Since then, he has been leading UNCG forward as we take what Chancellor Gilliam calls “Giant Steps” into the future as a University with a unique place in our community, our state and our region. We are at the beginning of something big at UNCG. Please explore this site for more about Chancellor Gilliam and his vision for the future.
Send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (336) 334-5266.
Chancellor Gilliam In the Media
- "Yes, and Cafe" podcast: A Step in this Grand March Towards Freedom Chancellor Gilliam speaks with hosts Omar Ali and Nadja Cech regarding his perspective in this unique time.
- Franklin D. Gilliam Jr.: This hits close to home. This is personal. Chancellor Gilliam speaks on systemic inequities affecting black Americans.
- UNCG Adjust Fall Semesters Due To COVID-19. Chancellor Gilliam tells WFDD dealing with these issues requires hours of planning and meetings.
- UNCG moves forward with plans to open this Fall. FOX 8 speaks with Chancellor Gilliam about the upcoming semester.
- UNC Greensboro is top performer in UNC System’s strategic plan Business NC magazine speaks with Chancellor Gilliam about UNCG's progress.